Eligibility & Admissions Criteria
For Admission, please meet all requirements below:
Primary Care Physician and Patient
- The patient's doctor (Primary Care Physician), the
patient and the family decide to seek out
- The patient's Doctor and the Hospice of Hilo Medical Director certify a terminal diagnosis of six months if the disease runs its natural course.
- The patient's Doctor agrees to work with the Hospice
of Hilo Interdisciplinary Team.
Patient and Family
- The patient identifies a responsible relative, friend, privately hired caregiver or caregiver support system to assist the patient in coordinating his/her care as needed. This person or persons will provide or coordinate the patient's 24-hour care.
- The patient and the family/caregiver will provide all the necessary information to ensure the patient's proper care.
- The patient under the age of 18 has a parent or legal guardian who will sign the "Hospice of Hilo Informed Consent Form."
- The patient's home or care facility is reasonably clean and safe, free of environmental hazards, and free from verbally or physically abusive behavior.
- The patient lives in the Hospice of Hilo service area of East Hawai'i from Laupahoehoe to South Point.